Monday, October 14, 2013

From Arkansas to Texas

 
Well it is day 23 of this journey....I know..... that's bad if I'm counting my days! 
 
We left from Arkansas for Texas last Thursday and spent a day in Dallas before our 2 week destination .  We experienced the Stockyards in Fort Worth seeing the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame along with one of the biggest Wagon Collections and visited The Mustangs of Las Colinas.  Then the kids and I finally got to eat at the Spaghetti Warehouse (Nathan had it before).  However we were a little nervous going downtown after realizing about halfway through the day that the Texas/OU game was the following day.....  We've had our head in a hole for a few months.... So Saturday morning we beat the traffic outta there and headed for New Braunfels on the Guadalupe River (its the backyard of my camper right now, and the kids get to swim with ducks) between Austin and San Antonio Texas. 
 
Heads up......I'm going to be TRANSPARENT..... It's been an emotional battle with my soul.  I want to be baking pumpkin spice cake in my yellow bunt cake pan and putting pumpkins and mums on my front porch sipping my coffee on cool mornings embracing my quiet time with the Lord watching the leaves change bright yellow from my little concrete porch.  However I'm trying really hard to embrace the mornings with my husband and children and just being present with them.  Just as Jesus was present with His disciples.  I'm asking everyday how does He want me to be present with Him and them on this journey.  Its very uncomfortable to me, I'm out of my element.  My element being a servant in a comfortable home, with comfortable things (chairs for everyone to sit), and welcoming others into that.  As I wrote a card today to a dear friend I was encouraging her and a decision the Lord had laid on her heart to make and I laughed out loud thinking how much I needed to hear the words also.  We are pressured in every way but not crushed, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us (2 Corinthians 4:7-8).  And that we do not give up (Nathan I can't do it any longer....please move me back to a home with all the above things) even though I feel like my outer person is being destroyed by the circumstance of day to day living in a RV.....my inner person is being renewed day by day and that I must focus on the things unseen that are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).  I must focus on the experience for the children (which they are loving).  I must focus on how the Lord wants me to change in our marriage.....because let me tell those of you who do not know.....Nathan and I are VERY different when it comes to communicating and not in the normal fashion of all the Christian marriage books or Focus on the Family radio broadcasts.  We have a role reversal when it comes to that area of our marriage.  So needless to say hopefully when it's all said and done our kids will know how to explain directions to thier future spouses in a loving tone and manner.  Here are few photos from the week.



 
 
 
 







 


Blessings,
Sarah

P.S. I've already had to do another drop-off at Goodwill!!
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these updates!!!!! Can't wait to hear and see more! Did you get to browse at the Goodwill when you dropped off stuff? :)
    And the reality of our fall: the pumpkin cake wasn't as good on day 2 as it was day 1, our pumpkins on the front porch are missing stems because the dog ate them off, and my "quiet time" has been mixed with battling fevers and nasty runny noses that the kids picked up from somewhere. Enjoy this fall because it may be your last one on the road like this!

    ReplyDelete