Tuesday, October 22, 2013

TEXAS ROUNDUP
 
As we prepare to move on to the shores for a few days, we've embraced the greats of this area!  We visited a little town just about 10 miles from where we are staying called Gruene Texas. (NOTE:  for those in AR this is a Texas version of Eureka and those in IN/KY this is a Texas version of Newburgh).  It's been in the Southern Living Magazine.  It has the oldest dance hall still going (maybe one day me and camper man will come back and Texas 2-step).  It was a popular little town on a Saturday afternoon.  We had Mexican food there but unfortunately it was not the authentic stuff Nathan has been wanting.  We share meals and I can't handle the truth so it was fajitas!  Then we drove down to San Marcos to the Premium OUTLET malls (600+ stores) quite overwhelming to be honest.  I did go in Burberry, but I don't guess they carry their perfume in their store because it's the cheapest thing they make maybe?  However when your camper living no need for a Nieman Marcus, Gucci, or Micheal Kors.  So, it was the usual children's needs... Carters for some winter pj's. 
We caught up with the River Walk and the Alamo on another day (OK confession on the Sabbath).  Our church services consist of the Abeka Bible Curriculum thus far and their daddy's messages. ( NOTE:  one of his workers told him this week he's known as the religious fanatic on his team).  Hey that's what we are here for and that's why we know God led us to doing this (on the road with him)  to back him on the hard days of being attacked for his walk.  I've been focusing on raising little kingdom builders for the last 9 years, so I've been in my own little world of attacks).  I won't go into another detail on a direction mis-hap on our way to downtown San Antonio, but I'm here to say I'm officially getting a navigation device (Tom Tom or Garmin and I don't know if I can hold out for black Friday) before our marriage suffers another unloved moment over interstate signs and lane changes!!! 
The kids loved the River Walk  and the Alamo.  We had a late BBQ lunch with a little Mariachi band (IJ was completely embarrassed) down on the River Walk and enjoyed listening to all the history of it from the boat tour guides (we didn't ride, just walked along side a few to listen).  It's hard to imagine our economy is struggling when you go somewhere like this because people are everywhere, no parking (then you pay to park, ride, go in, see etc.)  The Alamo is free and sad when you read of the people who fought so hard for something they believed in.  So many men lost their lives their on that soil. Then the kids enjoyed a much to sweet snow cone while reviewing this place in history. 
We've stayed on top of school this week, and only eaten out twice YEAH!!! Which has made the stay here feel somewhat normal, but we will leave out Thursday morning early. 
As I've continued to work on my soul I've been studying in Hebrew 4 the promised rest, what does my rest look like apart from our Sabbath day, the wife, homemaker rest?  I know the Lord is slowly revealing this to me. 
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as to divide soul, spirit, joints and marrow; it is a judge of the ideas and thoughts of the heart.  No creature is hidden from Him, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we much give an account.  Hebrews 4;12-13 Holman

 





                                    

 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing experience.. love living through your words and I now can say I also visited the Alamo for the first time! My mom told me to tell you that you will love the e actual Galveston port area and believe that you will cross on a ferry! As a teacher, I applaud you all for making history coming alive for your precious children by actually going to the actual places. As a mom, I admire you for spending so much treasured time with your family. As a Christian, I am amazed at the courage you all have to do this adventure. But as a friend, I miss you. Hugs from our hill in Henderson. The Grishwalds otherwise known as The Terry Brown bunch.

    ReplyDelete